It’s that time of the year when you are jetting off to your holidays abroad, here are some handy skin care tips whilst you’re in the air. We often forget is that it takes a toll on the body, on skin health and on our sense of well-being. Being enclosed in an airless cabin is one of the most challenging environments for the skin; dry air and heating or cold air-conditioning experienced for hours on end is extremely dehydrating and aging. Also, since you are breathing in recycled air, your immune system is vulnerable. Add in jetlag, which disrupts the circadian rhythm, and you’ll see is that the body has a lot to cope with in order find balance once your flight touches down.
- The skin gets very little oxygen during flight time as it is in an encapsulated environment without fresh air, only recirculated air. This immediately results in dehydration, sensitivity and tired, dull skin. It’s important to travel with a well cleansed skin – apply two layers of moisturizer before boarding or layer an oil with your moisturizer, and avoid make-up. Always carry a travel size moisturizer to re-apply during your flight.
- Once on the flight, a great trick is to use Pro-Collagen Hydra-Gel Eye Masks to moisturize and brighten the skin around the eyes. You can apply Pro-Collagen Marine Mask as an overnight mask if you are on a long-haul flight. It will dry on the skin and protect and nourish it as you sleep. Simply cleanse away the next morning with Smart Cleanse Micellar Water. Your skin will feel fresh and look beautifully hydrated on landing.
- Always travel with well cleansed and super moisturized skin, avoid make-up if possible.
- Always take Pro-Collagen Hydra-Gel Eye Masks and a mask such as Pro-Collagen Marine Mask which is quick-absorbing and moisture-boosting.
- On a long haul flight, re-apply your skincare products frequently to keep skin quenched (ELEMIS has a wide range of travel size products).